The Breakaway Music Festival is back this year and fans of the event will be happy that an extra day has been added to the festivities. The event will take place Friday through Sunday at Historic Crew Stadium.
Because of the public demand for hip-hop, Sunday is dedicated to the genre, said Zach Ruben, one of the founders of the Breakaway Music Festival.
The festival’s hip-hop roots in Columbus run deep, dating back to hosting Kendrick Lamar in 2013, Chance the Rapper in 2016, Travis Scott in 2017 and others. But after going without a single hip-hop act last year, festival organizers heard an overwhelming amount of feedback to bring them back. Thus, Sunday, the last day of the event, will be dedicated to hip-hop with 21 Savage as the headliner.
“Our fans said they wanted to see hip-hop, and they missed that in the lineup last year, so we dedicated a whole day just to hip-hop,” Rueben said. “So we have a lot of talent for 3 days.”
The overall lineup for the event is big, starting with Friday headliner The Chainsmokers, followed by electronic band Griz as the headliner on Saturday.
Whether you plan to attend one day or all three, here’s what you can expect from the event.
What time do the doors open at Breakaway Festival?
The festival will take place on Friday from 4 to 11 p.m.; Saturday from 3pm to 11pm and Sunday from 3pm to 10pm.
Where will the event take place?
Historic Crew Stadium, Interstate 71 near East Hudson Street
Which artists are part of the musical training?
The festival line-up is full of big names this year. Here’s a breakdown of each day.
- Dominic Parisi and Justin Nyce, 4 to 4:45 p.m., main stage
- Fear & Lowe, 4-4:55 p.m., Corona Electric Beach
- Leyla Blue, from 4.50pm to 5.20pm, main stage
- Nostalgix, from 5 to 5:40 p.m., Platja Elèctrica Corona
- Evan Giia, 5.30pm to 6.15pm, main stage
- Nocturnal stories, from 5.45pm to 6.25pm, Corona Electric Beach
- GASHI, 18:25 to 19:05, main stage
- VNSSA 18:30 to 19:10, Corona Electric Beach
- Lane 8, from 7.15pm to 8.15pm, main stage
- SNBRN, from 19.15 to 20.00 h, Corona Electric Beach
- Quinn XCII, 8.35pm to 9.35pm, Main Stage
- Yung Bae, 8:05pm to 8:55pm, Corona Electric Beach
- Chris Lorenzo, 9 to 9:55 p.m., Corona Electric Beach
- The Chainsmokers, from 9.50pm to 11.00pm, main stage
- Mitch James and Reckless, 3-4pm, Corona Electric Beach
- Baxter, 3.15pm to 4pm, main stage
- Star Seed from 16:05 to 16:45, Corona Electric Beach
- Moonlander, from 4.10pm to 4.40pm, main stage
- Lucii, from 4.50pm to 5.30pm, main stage
- Rossy, 4.50pm to 5.30pm, Corona Electric Beach
- Westend, 5.35pm to 6.15pm, Corona Electric Beach
- Lost Kings, 17:40 to 18:25, main stage
- Jonas Blue, 6.20pm to 7.05pm, Corona Electric Beach
- Yung Gravy, 6:35 to 7:15 p.m., Main Stage
- Jason Ross, 7:10 to 8 p.m., Corona Electric Beach
- Jauz, from 19.25 to 20.25 h, main stage
- Audien, from 20:05 to 20:55, Platja Corona Electric
- Calumnia, from 8.35pm to 9.35pm, main stage
- Griz, from 9.50pm to 11.00pm, main stage
- Mr DJ King, B2B and Lovedragon5000, 3-5:15pm, Corona Electric Beach
- Drummxnd, 3.35pm to 3.45pm, Main Stage
- YN Jay, 3.50pm to 4.15pm, Main Stage
- Kaash Paige, 4.25pm to 4.55pm, Main Stage
- Babyface Ray, 5:05pm to 5:50pm, Main Stage
- Trigno, from 17:15 to 17:25, Platja Corona Electric
- Vada Azeem, 5.25pm to 5.45pm, Corona Electric Beach
- iB-Rease, B2B and Ricks, 5.45pm to 8pm, Corona Electric Beach
- Fivio Foreign, from 6 to 6.40 p.m., main stage
- Cordae, from 7 to 7.45 p.m., main stage
- Moneybagg Yo, from 8pm to 8.45pm, main stage
- 21 Savage, 8 to 10 p.m., Main Stage
What about the food at Breakaway Music Festival?
At the festival there will be more than a dozen food vendors, many of them local, according to Rubén. There are also many sponsors and drink vendors such as Red Bull, Corona, Four Loko and others who will have drinks available.
How much does it cost to enter the festival?
Entry: General admission for all three days $166; two-day general admission tickets are $119; and a day pass costs $74 on Friday and Saturday, and $79 on Sunday.
The festival also has VIP and Ultra VIP tickets available for purchase online at www.breakawayfestival.com.
Concert review:Kenny Chesney gave fans 90 minutes of hits
Where can I park?
If you want guaranteed parking for the weekend or for a specific day, you must purchase parking tickets online at www.breakawayfestival.com. Parking is $60 for a 3-day general admission, $40 for a 2-day, and $20 for a day..