As a service to our patients, Saint Francis Medical Center sends our bills to your insurance company, Medicare or Medicaid. We will do our best to expedite your claim. If you do not have health insurance, our patient account representatives can discuss financial arrangements with you. We can also help you apply for Medicaid or other government assistance programs. Visit our financial assistance page for more information.
Remember that your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company. Although our facilities may be contracted with your carrier, not all services offered by Saint Francis Healthcare System may be covered by your specific plan. To make it easier for you to pay your carrier, check with your carrier’s member benefits department that you have specific plan coverage before receiving services. You will be financially responsible for paying your Medical Center bill. Contract status will need to be verified at the time of service, so please bring a copy of your insurance card to your medical center appointment. Your employer or insurance company may also require additional forms. Please familiarize yourself with the terms of your insurance coverage to ensure you meet all requirements prior to your care. Call your insurance company if you have any questions.
We accept Medicare and Medicaid, as well as insurance plans from the following providers:
Contracted commercial insurance plans
- Aetna Health Incorporated
- First Health in-network PPO
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- In-Network: Blue Access, PPO
- Out of Network: Blue Preferred, Pathway, HMO, New Directions Behavioral Health (Wal-Mart BCBS)
*Providers at Saint Francis Outpatient Center Imaging Poplar Bluff, Sikeston Imaging Center and Advanced Orthopedic Specialists are in network with Anthem Pathway and Anthem Blue Preferred products. Saint Francis Medical Center (hospital) and other Saint Francis Medical Partners providers are not in networks with these plans.
- Cigna Health Care
- Out of Network: Connect Network – Marketplace Plan, Cigna Behavioral Health Network
- Coalition America, Inc.
- Comp Care of the Ozarks
- Compresults, LLC
- Coventry Health Care
- Out of Network: MHNet Behavioral Health Services
- Cox Health Plans
- Evolutions Prime Missouri
- Great Rivers Network
- Healthlink® HMO
- Healthlink® PPO
- San Francisco health plans
- Out-of-Network: UnitedHealthcare Compass Benefit Plans, Navigate Benefit Plans, Basic Benefit Plans, Charter Benefit Plans
Contracted Medicaid plans
- Missouri Medicaid
- In-Network: Missouri Care, Home State Health Plan, Traditional Medicaid – Mo Healthnet, Cenpatico Behavioral Health Services, UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
- Illinois Medicaid
- In-Network: Traditional Medicaid: Illinois Public Assistance (IPA), BlueCross Community Health Plans, Harmony Health Plan, Aetna Better Health of Illinois (IlliniCare Health), Meridian Health Plan
- Out of Network: Molina Healthcare, CountyCare Health Plan
- Healthy blue mo
- Kentucky Medicaid
- Arkansas Medicaid
Government plans accepted
- Traditional Medicare
- All Medicare HMO, PFFS and PPO plans
- Saint Francis Medical Center is contracted with United Healthcare Medicare Plan, Anthem Medicare Advantage, Aetna Gold Advantage, Aetna Coventry
- UnitedHealthcare VA Community Care Network
- Veterans Administration
Additional insurance information
To better meet the needs of our valued patients and the communities we are privileged to serve, Saint Francis continually reviews available recruitment options. If in doubt about insurance coverage, talk to your human resources department or insurance company to make sure Saint Francis providers are in-network. Your employer can exclusively exclude Saint Francis from your insurance plan.
Please monitor this webpage for updates or feel free to contact our Patient Financial Services department by email or by phone at 573-331-5217 (option 4). Our customer service specialists can help verify the current status of insurance plans and contracts.
MO Health Matters offers a collection of videos featuring people who care about the health of their community and state.