NEW YORK – Today, 2K has set a starting time for PGA TOUR 2K23the next entry in HB Studios’ golf simulation video game franchise. PGA TOUR 2K23 Deluxe Edition i PGA TOUR 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition are slated for global release on Tuesday, October 11, 2022, followed by PGA TOUR 2K23 Standard Edition on Friday, October 14, 2022. Featuring PGA TOUR icon and all-time great Tiger Woods as the cover athlete, PGA TOUR 2K23 celebrates Woods’ legacy by introducing him as a playable professional in the game and as an executive director advising the game’s development team.
“Not only is it great to be back on the cover of a video game, but the role of executive director makes this a truly unique opportunity,” said Tiger Woods. “2K is the perfect partner for me and I’m excited to continue to impact the game and culture of golf beyond my game on the PGA TOUR.”
Woods leads a list of more than 14 men’s and women’s professionals at launch*, including Justin Thomas, Lexi Thompson, Tony Finau, Lydia Ko, Collin Morikawa, Will Zalatoris, Brooke Henderson and more. Players can enter the tee box as one of the Pros in the Exhibition, Multiplayer and Divot Derby, or face them in a battle to climb the leaderboard and claim the FedExCup in PGA TOUR My CAREER mode . In addition to the pros, the broadcast-style presentation and commentary team of Rich Beem and Luke Elvy will also return, with the addition of golf pro and English broadcaster Henni Koyack.
PGA TOUR 2K23 will include 20 licensed courses at launch. New additions include the South Course of Wilmington Country Club, The Renaissance Club, St. George’s Golf and Country Club and more. The industry-leading course designer also returns, giving players the opportunity to create their dream courses and share them with a global online community**.
MyPLAYER customization is back and players can outfit their MyPLAYERS just like Tiger with apparel and gear from Nike Golf, TaylorMade and Bridgestone Golf. Even more apparel options are available from licensed brands including Callaway Golf, FootJoy, Malbon Golf, Nike Golf, PUMA, Titleist, TravisMathew and more***. Clubs and balls from brands like Bridgestone Golf, Callaway Golf, COBRA, Mizuno, Odyssey Golf, Scotty Cameron, TaylorMade, Titleist and Wilson are available to dress up players’ golf bags and keep them swinging with swag. In addition to the return analog swing, a three-click swing option is also available for an additional level of customization so players can play the way they want.
PGA TOUR 2K23 offers new casual modes to help newcomers get into the game, while giving experienced players new challenges and opportunities to work on their skills. The introduction of Topgolf offers a unique experience that emulates the popular entertainment phenomenon of golf, where players can aim for targets and try to get the highest score. Training mode offers multiple ways to develop skills, including swing calibration, lessons, chipping practice, a driving range, and a putting green.
Online multiplayer features also return PGA TOUR 2K23. Online societies encourage players to team up with friends for custom tournaments and full seasons, while the Clubhouse Pass will offer post-launch content and objectives for players to enjoy in the future.
PGA TOUR 2K23 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation®5 (PS5™), PlayStation®4 (PS4™) and Steam. The game will be available in several editions, each with a unique cover depicting painted portraits of Tiger Woods:
PGA TOUR 2K23 Standard Edition:
• Physical and digital versions for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles, include the base game;
• For PC, includes the base game and the Pack Golden Clubwhich includes a Golden Putter, Golden Driver and four Uncommon consumable golf ball sleeves;
• Players who pre-order any version of the Standard Edition will receive the Michael Jordan Bonus Packfeaturing playable sports icon Michael Jordan as well as four consumable common golf ball sleeves;
• Players who purchase the standard edition of the game for Xbox Series X|S (physical or digital version) or PlayStation 5 (digital version only) consoles that includes the cross-generational dual entitlement will also receive the Pack Golden Club for the game on Xbox One or PlayStation 4, respectively.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Deluxe Edition:
• For Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, or PlayStation 5 consoles, includes the base game with dual cross-generational rights, as well as the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, Pack Golden Club, i Deluxe Edition Bonus Packwhich includes 1300 VC (virtual currency), a hockey stick putter, gold baseball cap, gold glove and three rare consumable golf ball sleeves;
• For PC, includes the base game as well as the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, Pack Golden Club, i Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition (only available in digital format):
• Includes all the contents of the Standard i deluxe edition for the purchased platform;
• Includes the Tiger Woods Edition Bonus Pack – which includes a set of Tiger Woods TaylorMade wedges, a Nike TW Golf tee and three Epic consumable golf ball sleeves, plus the Tiger Woods Signature Sunday Packwhich includes a red polo shirt, black pants, black hat, Nike TW Golf shoes, Nike TW Golf belt and Bridgestone Golf TOUR B XS, Tiger Edition golf ball.
For more information on PGA TOUR 2K23 and 2K, visit PGATOUR2K.combecome a fan Facebookfollow the game Twitter i Instagram using the hashtag #PGATOUR2K23 or subscribe to YouTube.