GRANGE GROVE TAILGATING | TAILGATER CONCIERGE | FOOTBALL TICKETS
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. – The 2022 edition in Grange Grove, Illinois, the main pregame location, will be open again with a full slate of entertainment planned for the season. Grange Grove offers free public service, live music, a kids’ zone, the Busey Bank Illini Sports Network pregame radio show and the best Illini gear and apparel at the Gameday Spirit Store. Grange Grove opens each matchday at 7am, with pre-match entertainment starting three hours before kick-off.
This year’s line-up of live musical entertainment has been set:
- August 27 – Wyoming – Clayton Shay (Nashville, Tennessee) Garrett Biggs grew up in the cornfields of central Illinois and performs classic rock and country music.
- September 10 — Virginia – Boat Drunks (Champaign, Ill.) On their 21stSt year together, the Boat Drunks are known for their performance of Jimmy Buffet-style tropical rock and roll.
- September 22 — Chattanooga – Land of Panda (Akron, Ohio) Funk, reggae rockers — From Prince and Jimi Hendrix to Bob Marley and Scientist, not to mention Frank Zappa, each member of the band brings something different to the sound from Land of Panda.
- October 8 – Iowa – Matt Ferranti (Nashville, TN) – Ferranti’s brings a country style fused with Detroit R&B that combines sultry lyrics, clever hooks and personal storytelling.
- Oct. 15 — Minnesota: The Daughter of the 90s (Champaign, Ill.) Central Illinois’ biggest party band singing hits from the 80s, 90s and today.
- November 5 – Michigan State – Page Mackenzie (Charleston, SC) – From Fox’s hit reality show, The X-Factor, Mackenzie’s vocal ability runs as deep as her country roots.
- Nov. 12 – Purdue – Filthy Janes (Danville, Ill.) The Filthy Janes they bring you classic rock with their own upbeat funky twist. They cover the music You love yourself from the 60s to the 90s.
CHILDREN’S AREA: In addition to live musical entertainment, each week Grange Grove will feature a children’s zone with inflatable games, face painting, balloon artists and interactive science experiences with the Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology Gameday Genomics.
PRE-Match RADIO PROJECTION: Fans can listen to Busey Bank Illini Sports Network’s Illinois football pregame radio show live at Grange Grove as Brian Barnhart, Steve Kelly and Martin O’Donnell preview the day’s game and interview expert guests. The official network pregame show begins one hour before kickoff with the local WDWS show hosted by Scott Beatty. Radio show action airs two hours before launch.
GRANGE GROVE TAILGATING: Grange Grove will be open from 5:00pm to 7:00pm the night before each game to allow fans to set up any tailgate items in advance. Tailgaters will be able to go up to the north side of the lot (lot 36) and drop off their items. No vehicles will be allowed into Grange Grove at any time. Students will be directed to the north section and the public will be directed to the south section.
Pitches will be limited to approximately 15’x15′ to allow room for everyone. Personal tents and awnings must be 10’x10′ or less. Access to sidewalks or walkways is prohibited and electrical power will not be provided. Security will monitor the area overnight; however, any items installed on the lot are left at the owner’s risk.
SIMPLE TAILGATING: Fans can now arrive at Memorial Stadium with a fully set-up tailgate, complete with tent, tables, chairs and optional catering, televisions and drinks. Tailgater Concierge offers four different tailgate sizes and price points, and can be reserved for the entire season as well as per game. The tailgates will be at Grange Grove and will have first choice seating before the general public access the area the night before the game.
- Field Goal: 1-10 Tailgaters, 10×10 premium space
- Touchdown: 11-20 Tailgaters, 10×20 premium space
- Security: 21-34 Tailgaters, 15×20 premium space
- Championship: 35-50 Tailgaters, 20×25 premium space
- Groups of 50+ can customize tailgates in Lot 31, Grange Grove or other group areas, with the purchase of 50 or more tickets.
Tailgater Concierge will provide tailgate gear, handle set-up and tear-down, and have staff on site to help with anything else fans may need.